[W8lrc] Events for April 2022 for the WM Amateur Radio community.

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Tue Mar 29 22:41:14 UTC 2022

Events for April 2022 for the WM Amateur Radio community.

I CANNOT PROMOTE EVENTS I DON’T KNOW ABOUT!
Email information to ny8d at arrl.net by the 25th of the month

Check with Web or Facebook pages for updated information. Web and FB page links listed below.

WEBMASTERS and FACEBOOK PAGE Administrators, KEEP YOUR WEB / FB PAGES UPDATED!

INTERNATIONAL AMATEUR RADIO DAY, Monday, April 18...and the following day in case you haven't heard:

The FCC has now posted the date upon which the licensing fees will begin to be implemented. That date is April 19, 2022. In other words, get your licenses upgraded and any updates submitted before then! Do you need to upgrade your license? See VE exam listings in monthly events below.
https://www.fcc.gov/document/effective-date-wireless-application-fee-rates
http://www.arrl.org/news/new-amateur-radio-license-applications-fee-to-become-effective-april-19-2022
http://www.arrl.org/fcc-application-fee

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES, DO YOUR PART, help out AT LEAST ONE EVENT THIS YEAR!

Kent/Ottawa NWS Virtual Basic Spotter Training March 17, 18, 29, or 30. Register for only one session.
www.weather.gov/grr/spottertraining

5th Annual DIRTY 30 GRAVEL GRINDER, "Kick off the cycling season on Saturday, April 2, 2022 at the Dirty 30 Gravel Grinder in Ionia County, Saranac, Michigan, just a gravel skip from Grand Rapids, Michigan."
https://dirtythirtygravelgrinder.com/
contact: Email n8mrc at yahoo.com Cell 616-272-1341, leave message…

TULIP TIME PARADES in Holland are back. At this moment we would like to look at 15 hams or communicators for the Kinderparade on Thursday afternoon, May 5, and 25 for the larger-longer Volksparade on Saturday, May 7.
Reply to Tom K8TB k8tb at bosscher.org if you would be interested in helping. If you have never done the parades, it really is rather easy work, and fun.
https://tuliptime.com/

It's that time of year again. Time to start recruiting for the 2022 River Bank Run.
The Main Event Which is on May 14th from 6AM - 1PM with varying end times. We will also have a RBR Pre-Meeting on Friday May 13th at KCSD 701 Ball Ave from 6:30PM - 8:30PM. (We need about 80-85 People to help with the main event in various positions). Sign up at: https://bit.ly/3txJ8Vl
For those who have never worked the River Bank Run. This is the PREMIER Communications event in Kent County. This event is one that you'll enjoy and come back every year for more! The RBR event is HUGE and keeps growing! Please feel free to send this to any hams you think may be interested in assisting with this event. Thank You, Karl Palma www.kcest.org

CW PRACTICE. Having settled on a good frequency, (146.480), I would like to invite you to join us Thursday evenings, 8PM for a little fun with FM Simplex. If you have an oscillator, we can practice some CW on 2m, or if you want to test your radio for Simplex operation, we got that too. 73, Greg, KE8GC

The West Michigan Technical Group Thursday Night dinner 6pm. Check Facebook page for current location.
West Michigan Technical Group is a group of "Hams" that support the West Michigan Amateur Radio community with reliable and open communication systems.
https://www.wmtg.me/ https://www.facebook.com/wmtgnet/

LUNCH BUNCH FRIDAYS, Bob Evans Restaurant, 6565 Kalamazoo Ave SE just south of M-6 expressway exit 11.
https://www.bobevans.com/locations/caledonia
Lunch Bunch is open to all hams, aspiring hams, inquisitive non-hams, etc. We don't care, regardless of any, or no, club affiliation. It’s a Beer & Bull session, without the Beer. We’ll talk about radio and most any other subject that comes up.
Who sponsors this? NOBODY! It's just a gathering of hams, and there's always room for you. Inquires to Jack ny8d at arrl.net Cell: 616-438-1464. Heck, just show up!

NETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNET

The following chart created by Dave KF8QL, TNX!

Monday
12:00 IRA MI Noontime Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)
5:30pm After School Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)
7:30PM Holland ARC Net 147.06+(94.8Hz)
8:30PM Michigan One DMR Net Mi talk group 3126 local Brandmeister DMR repeater or hotspot.
9:00PM Michigan VHF Traffic Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)

Tuesday
6:00PM IRA After Dinner Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)
7:00PM GRARA Net 147.26+(94.8Hz)
8:30PM WM 6 Meter SSB Net 50.140 USB

Wednesday
12:00 IRA MI Noontime Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)
7:00PM (2nd & 4th) Riverside Radio Amateurs Net 444.725+(94.8Hz)
8:00PM West MI Emergency Comm Net 145.27-(94.8Hz)
8:00PM Allegan 10 Meter NET 28.380
9:00PM Michigan VHF Traffic Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)

Thursday
9:00AM Auto State YLs TASLYs Net 3940KHz
6:00PM IRA After Dinner Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)
6:30PM SATERN Net K8SN 442.175+(103.5Hz) AND W8LRC 145.27-(94.8Hz)
7:30PM MARA Net 145.23-(94.8Hz) x3rd Thursday
7:30PM MARA Net 145.23 simplex 3rd Thursday
8:00PM Fun with simplex + CW practice. 146.48 Greg KE8GC

Friday
3:00AM Insomniac Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)
12:00 IRA MI Noontime Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)
7:00PM TGIF Net Holland ARC 146.06-(94.8Hz)
9:00PM Michigan VHF Traffic Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)

Saturday
8:00AM MARA 6 Meter AM Net 50.400 AM
6:00PM IRA After Dinner Net 147.16+(94.8Hz)

Sunday
8:30PM Sidewinders Around MI Net 144.155USB
4:00PM 10 Meter Ragchew Net 28.870USB
8:00PM WM Classic Six Meter AM Net 50.400AM

Regional or national nets carried on the N8JPR 223.92+(94.8Hz) repeater.
Daily: The Nightcrawlers 220 Net, 1-2am hosted by the WM9W group in IL.
Sunday: The 220 at 2:20 Net, 3:20PM- 4:20PM, hosted by the WM9W group in IL.
Tuesday: Parker City IN 220 Net, 9-10pm, hosted by the K5VOM group in IN.
Thursday: DFW 220 Net, 9-10pm, hosted by the MJARS group in TX.
Friday: Oklahoma 220 Net, 9-10pm, hosted by the W5CUE group in OK.
Saturday: The Original 220 Preservation Net, 9PM, hosted by the W9MW group in IL.
TNX to Greg KE8GC and Tom KB8TYJ for the 220 list.

List of WEST MICHIGAN HAM NETS
http://w8lrc.org/net_calendar/

SKYWARN KENT COUNTY: Anyone interest in being a Net Control Station please contact Tom KB8TYJ tombehler at gmail.com To be NCS you will need 2M/440 base station and a high speed computer to work radar.

Want your NET listed here? Send me the information!

NEWS BROADCASTS on the IRA Link System 147.16
AMATEUR RADIO NEWSLINE Tuesdays at Noon
ARRL NEWS Thursdays at Noon
Coverage map with remote frequencies: http://w8ira.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/largemap.jpg
FOLLOWING THE NEWSCASTS the IRA Repeater enters Parrot (Echo) mode for 5 minutes. Good time to check your signal and modulation as this mode repeats your transmission.

NEWS BROADCASTS on the Lowell System 145.27
ARRL NEWS Saturdays 7PM & Sundays 7PM
AMATEUR RADIO NEWSLINE Saturdays 7PM & Sundays 7AM

Other area repeaters carrying news, send me details to be included.

NETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNET

YouTube channel, "Ham Radio Perspectives," which addresses amateur radio culture and history as well as technology.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MJT8o8-XMxF8XROf7Q5GA/videos
Reviews have been very positive. Please take a look at some of the videos and post your comments on YouTube or send me a note directly.
73, Quin K8QS

2nd Hand Ham Shop, Saturdays, 9AM until 12 Noon or until everyone is gone.
Used equipment, parts (some that are hard to find) and eyeball rag chew with fellow enthusiasts. The shop is heated!
7830 80th Ave between Polk and Baldwin, Zeeland (Blendon Township)
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/mJ82NL1a9U12
https://www.facebook.com/2nd-Hand-Ham-Shop-1007064166010266/
"As of Feb. 1st, 2022 I will be stepping aside, not out of the picture, and KC8USP, Robert will be the go to person regarding most of the decision making regarding any of the "2nd Hand Ham Shop's" operations.
Kim, N8KAL, will be Roberts backup go to person in his absence, Jeff, KD8HTX, and Tom, K8TB, will be bring up the rear, since they have the most on their plates, and not always available. They will be the go to team from now on and into the future.
'Thank You All' for your support up to this point in time. Please show the same support and respect to Robert, Kim, Jeff and Tom, as you would Me!!!!
I will be going into the shop once the weather becomes more tropical and less arctic like!!!!!
73 de KD8DEG Tom, QRP"
kd8deg at centurytel.net (616)292-3335

Check out the only full time Amateur Radio store in Michigan. HAMSTERS in Dowagiac, new and used radio gear.
“HAMSTERS, Your place for amateur radio items at a fair price.”
http://ham-sters.com/ https://www.facebook.com/HamStersSomewhereInTime

**MONTHLY EVENTS**
Some meetings taking place on air or online. Visit club Website or Facebook page for more information.

Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association (GRARA) Our next meeting, first Friday, April 1. CURRENT MEETING LOCATION: Grand Valley State University Downtown, Keller Engineering Building, room 124, 301 Fulton St W. MASK USE IS IN PLACE! Parking will be available in GVSU lots after 6:30 (parking enforcement ends then). Parking lot is the Mount Vernon Lot south of the building. Its encouraged to park on the northern most part to have a shorter walk. Entrance double doors on west face.
https://www.gvsu.edu/homepage/files/pdf/maps/robertc.pewgrandrapidscampus.pdf
http://www.w8dc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/GRARA.W8DC/

**POSTPONED** Allegan ARC AC8RC mini swap Saturday, April 2.
Our anticipated Spring Mini-Swap will be postponed to another date in the near future. The site in which we wanted to host the event became unavailable. We will keep you updated on when the Spring Mini-swap will take place and where. Stay tuned.
https://www.facebook.com/events/258732676285902/

VE EXAM - GRAND RAPIDS, second Friday, April 8, 6PM registration, 6:30 exam.
GRARA VE TESTING LOCATION UPDATE, GVSU, downtown campus, on the first floor of the engineering building. This is the same room we have been meeting in the past couple of months. Kennedy Hall of Engineering room 124. Testing will continue in this location until further notice - a least through the spring of 2022.
Before coming to the testing session we need you to complete two items, Obtaining an FRN and Filling out a Form. Details and registration at
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/1NSR5vPhSpGZDEfHA
https://www.gvsu.edu/homepage/files/pdf/maps/robertc.pewgrandrapidscampus.pdf
https://w8dc.org/license-testing/
No exam fee, Laurel VEC. Email questions to stprovost at provtechs.com

BARA Breakfast, Second Saturday of each month, April 9, 8:00 AM at Curley Cone 12850 M-179 Wayland MI 49348. Phone number 269-792-6560. The restaurant is located about 250 yards east of the intersection of M-179 and Patterson Road. Anyone with an interest in amateur radio is invited to join us for breakfast.
Anyone with an interest in amateur radio is invited to join us for breakfast. Currently, we try to provide an accurate number of breakfast attendees to the restaurant management by noon on the day before the breakfast. bara_newsletter at yahoo.com
Map: https://g.page/CurleyCone?share
https://k8bmi.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/244810886954700/ 442.725+(94.8Hz)

VE EXAM - MUSKEGON, second Saturday, April 9, 10AM at the MAARC Clubhouse
MAARC Provides regular testing the Second Saturday of every month. License exams start at 10AM at the Club House, 2888 Scenic Drive. You also need an ID, FRN #, and $15 cash necessary for processing your license application. If Upgrading your license, please bring a copy of your current license.
MAP: http://mapq.st/2Gq86zV
http://www.w8zho.com/main/page_licensing.html 146.94-(94.8Hz)

HIAD - “Ham in a Day” will be held on Saturday, April 9, 2022. This is an opportunity for anyone wishing to get their amateur radio technician license to study and take the exam all in one afternoon. Directed study begins at 1:00PM and continues till 6:00PM, when the test will be given.
In addition to the Ham in a Day students, anyone can arrive at 6:00 and take the technician, general, or extra class exam or anyone whose license is within 90 days of expiring can renew their license between 6:00 and the end of testing at no charge.
The testing location is the Chick-Owa Sportsman’s Club located at 9279 E. Ottogan St., Holland, MI 49423.
Registration and more information, go to: http://tinyurl.com/holo-hiad-ve Cost for the Ham in a Day study session is $25 (which includes the book Ham Radio by Bob Heil), but there is no cost for testing.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/6qJuzoqctvxnNkZL9

Holland Amateur Radio Club K8DAA Meeting second Tuesday, April 12.
Herrick District Library main floor meeting room, 300 S River Ave, Holland
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/4bBC3Fqs6zBvCApd7
http://www.hollandarc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/233793361844/ https://www.facebook.com/HollandAmateurRadioClubK8DAA K8DAA 147.06+(94.8Hz)

Allegan County Amateur Radio Club (ACARC-AC8RC) monthly meeting second Tuesday, April 12, 7PM Plainwell Public Safety Complex, 119 Island Avenue, Plainwell.
The training room entrance is just North of the main entrance, towards the big doors used by the Fire trucks. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/MrttWWZJc3B2
https://ac8rc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/ac8rc/ 147.24+(94.8Hz)

Michigan Amateur Radio Alliance (MARA-W8USA) meeting second Wednesday, April 13, 7:30 PM, Plainfield Township Fire Department Admin Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room, SW corner of 5 Mile and Plainfield.
Map: http://w8usa.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Meetings.jpg
https://w8usa.org/interact/meetings/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARAW8USA/ W8USA 145.230-(94.8Hz)

MICHIGAN QSO PARTY Saturday, April 16, NOON to MIDNIGHT EDT. 80 thru 10 Meters.
https://miqp.org/
See attached flier.

Barry County ARA (BARA-K8BMI) meetings, Tuesday after the 3rd Saturday of the month, April 19, 7:00 PM with a 6:30 PM informal “Gathering Time”. At the Barry County Emergency Operations Center (EOC), in the basement of the E911 Central Dispatch building at 2600 Nashville Rd, Hastings (next to Thornapple Manor). Facing the building, go to the door on the left. Press the doorbell button near the door and pull the door open when you hear a click. Use 146.56 MHz simplex for talk-in if you need directions.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/jw8vkLmB7VGVqmr17
https://k8bmi.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/244810886954700/ K8BMI 442.725+(94.8Hz)

Lowell Amateur Radio Club monthly meeting, third Thursday, April 21, 6:30 PM social, 7PM meeting. All are welcome.
Flat River Outreach Ministries, 11535 Fulton St E, Lowell Map: Map: https://g.page/FROMlowell?share
http://www.w8lrc.org https://www.facebook.com/w8lrc/ 145.27-(94.8Hz)
NOTE: The weekly Thursday Open Radio Room has resumed, same as meeting time, all welcome.

2022 Adopt-A-Highway Tuesday, April 26; rain date April 28. M57 and Northland Drive 5:30pm staging at the J&H Mobil station. Grand Rapids ARA in cooperation with the Red Cross and MDOT. Contact Tom N8DGD trustee at w8dc.org
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/hhjo1JkogmVqPpsAA

E.A.T. meeting (Education And Training) fourth Tuesday, April 26, 7PM, at the Herrick District Library, 300 S River Ave, Holland. You don’t have to be a club member to attend – all hams and everyone interested in amateur radio are welcome to join us! Demonstrations, as well as answer any questions and especially help newcomers get started in the hobby.The sessions are open to the public and you do not need to be a HARC member or have an amateur radio license to attend. If you have questions about amateur radio equipment, operating practices, licensing, test and measurement, or anything remotely related to amateur radio, this is the place to be.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/4bBC3Fqs6zBvCApd7
http://www.hollandarc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/233793361844/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/233793361844/ K8DAA 147.06+(94.8Hz)

The Independent Repeater Association (IRA-W8IRA), sponsor of the 147.16-(94.8Hz) link repeater system, monthly board meetings fourth Wednesday of the month, April 27, are now on ZOOM. Email info at w8ira.org
http://w8ira.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764710107178775/

North Ottawa ARC NOARC-W8CSO monthly meeting fourth Thursday, April 28, 6:00 PM, at Spring Lake District Library, 123 E Exchange Street.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/YgRiUbXYwPeoYsUL7
http://www.w8cso.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/401316979888404/ W8CSO 145.49-(94.8Hz)

Holland HAM IS FOR BREAKFAST!
Last Saturday of the month, April 30, Southside Inn, 192 W 35th St, Holland, 9:00am, Back Room - Reserved
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/X8wwwZ4Q93pf9aVu7
Where the coffee is hot and I’m sure the conversation will be lively!
http://www.hollandarc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/233793361844/ K8DAA https://www.facebook.com/HollandAmateurRadioClubK8DAA K8DAA 147.06+(94.8Hz)

VE Testing, Ionia County RACES, 3rd Saturday (except April and December) 4PM, May 21, Ionia County Central Dispatch 545 Appletree Dr, Ionia http://wa8rra.org/?page_id=452 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8urPbpo6w9S2

VE Testing, Allegan County ARC, 4th Saturday odd months, May 28, 9AM, Martin Township Community Building, 998 Templeton St, Martin, MI 49070.
https://www.facebook.com/ac8rc/
http://ac8rc.org/?page_id=53 mailto:w8rmn at arrl.net
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/xzHwtCHFAGM2

IRA Hudsonville Hamfest, Saturday, June 4
Location: Hudsonville Fairgrounds, 5235 Park Ave, Hudsonville, MI 49426
Website: http://w8ira.org/hudsonville-hamfest/
Flier: http://w8ira.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/IRA-Hamfest-2022-Full-Sheet.pdf
Sponsor: Independent Repeater Association
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 147.16 + (94.8Hz)
Public Contact: Tom Bosscher K8TB, 3148 Rosewood, Hudsonville, MI 49426
Phone: 616-209-9296 Email: hamfest at w8ira.org

LONG RANGE FORECAST:

GRAHamfest 2022 (Grand Rapids Area Hamfest), Saturday, September 10
Save the date, more details later.

5th Annual IRA OPEN HOUSE & SITE CLEANUP, Saturday, October 1, 9AM to 2 or ?.
The Independent Repeater Association (IRA) W8IRA is doing Open House
and cleanup at the 92nd Street Hill repeater site.
This site hosts many other Amateur Radio groups equipment as well.
If you have never set foot on “the hill”, or it’s been a while, or
last week, this is a great time to get a tour of the place. We will
be showing off the (not fancy) place as well as doing some tiding up
inside and out.
DO NOT FEEL ANY OBLIGATION TO PARTAKE IN CLEANUP. We look forward to
your company. Arrive when you can, leave when you want to.
We’ll have complementary coffee, donuts, and for lunch burgers and dogs.
Talk-in (as you can guess) 147.16+(94.8Hz)
566 92nd St SE, Byron Center, MI 49315
Lat 42.796779, long -85.650055 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Zp7RSg9cQpR2
http://w8ira.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764710107178775/
Contact ny8d at arrl.net (616)438-1464

MEETINGS/EVENTS NOT LISTED ABOVE, CHECK AREA ORGANIZATIONS FOR UPDATES.

Riverside Radio Amateurs (Ionia County) W8RRA http://wa8rra.org/ n8mrc at yahoo.com https://www.facebook.com/Riverside.Radio.Amateurs 444.725+(94.8Hz)

Kent County Emergency Services Team (KCEST-KC8EST)
kcest_info at kcest.org
https://www.kcest.org/ https://www.facebook.com/41KCEST 145.11-(94.8Hz)

SATERN (Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network-W8SAT)
Contact Bob WX8BOB dennis49544 at gmail.com
http://eds-satern.sawmni.org/

I CANNOT PROMOTE EVENTS I DON’T KNOW ABOUT!
If I missed something or there is something coming up of interest to the West Michigan Ham community, let me know by the 25th of the month,
email: ny8d at arrl.net 73 Jack NY8D

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

UP COMING HAMFESTS
ARRL Hamfest and Convention Database http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/search
Check ARRL hamfest search and sponsor websites for any updates or cancellations before heading out

**POSTPONED** Allegan ARC AC8RC mini swap Saturday, April 2.
Our anticipated Spring Mini-Swap will be postponed to another date in the near future. The site in which we wanted to host the event became unavailable. We will keep you updated on when the Spring Mini-swap will take place and where. Stay tuned.
https://www.facebook.com/events/258732676285902/

Lucas County ARES Trunk Sale and Swap Meet, Sunday, May 1
Location: Toledo Speedway, 5639 Benore Rd, Toledo, OH 43601
Website: http://tinyurl.com/lcaresswap
Sponsor: Lucas County Amateur Radio Emergency Setvice
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 146.61- (103.5Hz)
Public Contact: Michael Lacumsky W8MAL, 11638 W Bloom Rd Oak Harbor, OH 43449
Phone: 567-318-2291 Email: lucascountyares at gmail.com

Wexaukee ARC Cadillac Hamfest, Saturday, May 7.
Location: Mackinaw Trail Middle School, 8401 S. Mackinaw Trail, Cadillac, MI 49601
Website: http://www.wexaukeearc.org
Flier: https://www.wexaukeearc.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2022-Swap-Flyer.pdf
Sponsor: Wexaukee Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 146.98-
Public Contact: Thomas Warnock WB8WIV, 817 Third Avenue Cadillac, MI 46601
Phone: 231-775-8767 Email: wb8wiv.tom at gmail.com

North Central Indiana Hamfest, ARRL Indiana State Convention, Saturday, May 7
Location: Miami County 4-H Fairgrounds, 1029 W. 200 North, Peru, IN 46970
Website: http://www.nci-hamfest.net
Sponsor: Cass County, Grant County, Kokomo, and Miami County Amateur Radio Clubs
Type: ARRL Convention
Talk-In: 147.345+ (131.8)
Public Contact: Mitch Miller , W9DDX
3658 N Moorland Drive Marion, IN 46952
Phone: 765-661-5893
Email: mitchmiller55 at gmail.com

Dayton Hamvention, Friday-Sunday, May 20-22
Location: Greene County Fairgrounds and Expo Center, 120 Fairgrounds Road, Xenia, OH 45385
Website: http://hamvention.org
Sponsor: Dayton Amateur Radio Association
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 146.94-(123.0)
Public Contact: Henry Ruminski W8HJR, PO Box 44, Dayton, OH 45401-0044
Phone: 1-937-232-9272 Email: henry.ruminski at wright.edu

GMARC Trunk Swap, Saturdays, May 21, June 18, July 16, August 20, September 17
Location: Packard Proving Grounds, 49965 Van Dyke Avenue, Shelby Township, MI
Website: http://www.gmarc.org
Sponsor: GM Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 443.075+(123Hz)
Public Contact: Bobby Corr N8CY, 45601 Fox Ln W Apt 106, Shelby Township, MI 48317

Phone: 616-209-9296 Email: hamfest at w8ira.org

Flying Beers International Hamfest, Sunday, June 5
Location: Fraternal Order of Police 130, 2233 Burdette Street, Ferndale, MI 48220
Website: http://flyingbeers.org
Flier: https://www.facebook.com/FlyingBeersInternational/photos/a.389403181782782/960854711304290/
Sponsor: K8FBI Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 442.600+(123Hz)
Public Contact: Sean McCarthy WX8L, 2224 MARLOW Warren, MI 48092
Phone: (586) 218-3020 Email: K8FBI at arrl.net

Chelsea Amateur Radio Club Swap Meet, Sunday, June 9
Location: Chelsea Community Fairgrounds, 20501 W Old US Hwy 12, Chelsea, MI 48118
Website: http://wd8iel.com
Sponsor: Chelsea Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 145.450- and 146.980-(100Hz)
Public Contact: Michelle Dye KD8GWX, 561 N. McKenzie St. Adrian, MI 49221
Phone: 1-734-717-5660 Email: blessed_1992777 at yahoo.com

Monroe Hamfest, Sunday, June 19
Location: Monroe County Fairgrounds, 3775 S. Custer Rd, Monroe, MI 48161
Website: http://mcrca.org/Hamfest/Index
Flier: http://mcrca.org/Hamfest/GetFlierFile
Sponsor: Monroe County Radio Comm Assoc
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 146.72-(100 Hz)
Public Contact: Fred VanDaele K8EBI , 4 Carl Dr. Monroe, MI 48162
Phone: 734-755-4904 Email: ka8ebi at yahoo.com

Elkhart East Hamfest, Saturday, August 6
Location: Northern Indiana Event Center, 21565 Executive Parkway, Elkhart, IN 46514
Website: http://elkharteasthamfest.com
Flier: https://elkharteasthamfest.com/images/2022-EEHamfestFlyer.pdf
Sponsor: Northern Indiana K9DEW Repeater Network
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 145.430-(141.3Hz)
Public Contact: Dewey Thrash K9DEW, PO BOX 772, Bristol, IN 46507
Phone: 574-370-2436 Email: dewey at k9dew.com

GRAHamfest 2022 (Grand Rapids Area Hamfest), Saturday, September 10
Save the date, more details later.

Central Michigan Amateur Radio Club Hamfest, Saturday, September 10
Location: Okemos Convention Center, 2187 University Park, Okemos, MI 48805
Sponsor: Central Michigan Amateur Radio Club
Website: https://www.centralmiarc.com/hamfest.php
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 145.390-(100Hz)
Public Contact: Daniel Dembinski KD8YDE, 9749 Peacock Road, Laingsburg, MI 48848
Phone: 517-512-9846 Email: kd8yde at inbox.com

Adrian Hamfest, Sunday, September 18
Location: Lenawee County Airport, 2651 W. Cadmus Rd, Adrian, MI 49221
Website: http://w8tqe.com/hamfest.htm
Flier: http://w8tqe.com/pdfs/Hamfest%20Flier%20PDF%202021.pdf
Sponsor: Adrian Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 145.37-(85.4Hz)
Public Contact: Mark Hinkleman NU8Z, 108 E. Kilbuck St, Tecumseh, MI 49286
Phone: 517-423-5906 Email: cqnu8z at comcast.net

email: ny8d at arrl.net

73 Jack NY8D