[W8lrc] December LARC meeting ZOOM ONLY tomorrow, Thursday, December 15

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Thu Dec 16 01:32:29 UTC 2021

PIO Report for December LARC meeting.

Lowell Amateur Radio Club monthly meeting, Tomorrow, Thursday, December 16, starting 6:30, 7PM meeting. All are welcome. Meeting is VIRTUAL ONLY! Our radio room is closed due to FROM using the space for Christmas events. Please join us for social at 6:30 or the meeting at 7:00 on Zoom! https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87377402203
http://www.w8lrc.org https://www.facebook.com/w8lrc/ W8LRC 145.27-(94.8Hz)

NEWS BROADCASTS on the Lowell System 145.27
ARRL NEWS Saturdays 7PM & Sundays 7PM
AMATEUR RADIO NEWSLINE Saturdays 7PM & Sundays 7AM

CW PRACTICE. Having settled on a good frequency, (146.480), I would like to invite you to join us after the Thursday evenings, 8PM for a little fun with Simplex. If you have an oscillator, we can practice some CW on 2m, or if you want to test your radio for Simplex operation, we got that too. 73, Greg, KE8GC

LUNCH BUNCH EVERY FRIDAY back to Bob Evans Restaurant. Bob Evans is located at 6565 Kalamazoo Ave SE just south of M-6 expressway exit 11.
https://www.bobevans.com/locations/caledonia
Lunch Bunch is open to all hams, aspiring hams, inquisitive non-hams, etc. We don't care, regardless of any, or no, club affiliation. It’s a Beer & Bull session, without the Beer. We’ll talk about radio and most any other subject that comes up.
Who sponsors this? NOBODY! It's just a gathering of hams, and there's always room for you.

Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association (GRARA) meeting first Friday, January 7, 6:30PM social, 7PM meeting. This meeting will be the annual Christmas potluck. Bring a dish to pass, GRARA supplies the meat and beverages. Location at GVSU downtown in the Kennedy Hall of Engineering Bldg room 124.
For the near future, at least until spring, our monthly meetings and our testing will be held at GVSU. Our LifeEMS building is still being re-modeled. We will be moving back to our LifeEMS (old Red Cross Bldg) eventually - hopefully by summer. K8JH
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/1NSR5vPhSpGZDEfHA
https://www.gvsu.edu/homepage/files/pdf/maps/robertc.pewgrandrapidscampus.pdf
Talk-in W8DC 147.26+(94.8Hz)

VE EXAM - GRAND RAPIDS, second Friday, Friday, January 14, 6PM registration, 6:30 exam.
GRARA VE TESTING LOCATION UPDATE, GVSU, downtown campus, on the first floor of the engineering building. This is the same room we have been meeting in the past couple of months. Kennedy Hall of Engineering room 124. Testing will continue in this location until further notice - a least through the spring of 2022.
Before coming to the testing session we need you to complete two items, Obtaining an FRN and Filling out a Form. Details and registration at
https://w8dc.org/license-testing/
No exam fee, Laurel VEC. Email questions to stprovost at provtechs.com

VE Testing, Ionia County RACES, 3rd Saturday (except April and December), 4PM, January 15, Ionia County Central Dispatch 545 Appletree Dr, Ionia http://wa8rra.org/?page_id=452 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8urPbpo6w9S2

Holland ARC Post Festivus Holiday Party, Monday, January 17, 6 PM, Pizza Ranch
We will be having the annual post holiday party for the Holland ARC.
Location is the Pizza Ranch at Waverly and 16th (734 E 16th St, Holland). We have the two back rooms reserved. You do not have to be a member of the Holland ARC to attend. You do not have have to have your amateur radio license to attend. You do want to come and have a good time with the Holland ARC folks and spouses and family.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/mwB9r9brFgUyaCpX7
Talk-in K8DAA 147.06+(94.8Hz)

UP COMING HAMFESTS
ARRL Hamfest and Convention Database http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/search
Check ARRL hamfest search and sponsor websites for any updates or cancellations before heading out

HPARC Swap, Sunday, January 23, 2022
Location: Royal Oak Farmers Market, 316 E. Eleven Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Website: https://hparc.org/
Sponsor: Hazel Park Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 146.640
Public Contact: Robert Lauer N8REL, 1898 Burning Bush Ct, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Phone: 248-330-1696 Email: N8REL at arrl.net

Vintage Electronics Expo, Saturday, January 29
Location: Burton Manor, 27777 Schoolcraft, Livonia, MI 48150
Website: https://www.thevee.org/
Schedule: https://www.thevee.org/?page_id=5434
Sponsor: Michigan Antique Radio Club
Contact: MVEC Winter Expo, 311 Woodsworth St., Ferndale, MI 48220

Cherryland Amateur Radio Club 48th Annual Swap-N-Shop, Saturday, February 12
Location: St. Francis High School Gymnasium, 123 E 11th St., Traverse City, MI 49684
Website: http://cherrylandarc.com/?page_id=56
Flier: http://cherrylandarc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Swap-Flyer-2022-v2.png
Sponsor: Cherryland Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 146.86-(114.8Hz)
Public Contact: Joe Erlewein , N8CN
830 Floresta St Traverse City, MI 49686
Phone: 231-668-4223 Email: joe at n8cn.org

Livonia Amateur Radio Club 51st Annual Swap & Shop, Saturday, February 26
Location: VFW Post 345, 27345 Schoolcraft Rd., Redford, MI 48239
Website: https://livoniaarc.com/larc-annual-swap-and-shop/
Sponsor: Livonia Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 145.35-(100Hz)
Public Contact: Doris Foley , K8DXJ, PO Box 51532, Livonia, MI 48151
Phone: 734-941-5043 Email: swap at livoniaarc.com

Wexaukee ARC Cadillac Hamfest, Saturday, March 5
Location: Mackinaw Trail Middle School, 8401 S. Mackinaw Trail, Cadillac, MI 49601
Website: http://www.wexaukeearc.org
Sponsor: Wexaukee Amateur Radio Club
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 146.98-
Public Contact: Thomas Warnock WB8WIV, 817 Third Avenue Cadillac, MI 46601
Phone: 231-775-8767 Email: wb8wiv.tom at gmail.com