[W8lrc] Update on IRA Hamfest cancelation

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Fri May 8 11:30:33 EDT 2020

Update on IRA Hamfest cancelation

-------- Beginning of forwarded message --------

Supporters of the IRA,

Over the past few weeks the IRA Board has been challenged, as have you all, with the COVID-19 virus our World is facing. It is with great regret that our Hamfest for 2020 has to be canceled. Many factors went into the decision from the unpredictable nature of our Governor's Executive orders to concerns by the Fairgrounds Board but also the very real impact this virus is having on some of our neighbors, friends and family. The opportunity to meet new friends and to visit with livelong friends will be missed by everyone. Keep checking into our Web Site and Facebook Page for future activities we hope to scheduled as circumstances allow. In the interim I would like to challenge everyone to consider doing these three things. Make an on air schedule with your friends. Check into one of the many Nets the IRA has scheduled. There are online
opportunities to study for and pass that General or Extra Class Ticket. Thank you for your friendship and support.

73, de KA8YSM
Tom Werkema
President, Independent Repeater Association

-------- End of forwarded message --------

http://w8ira.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764710107178775