[W8lrc] Supplement to events June 2020 for the WM Amateur Radio Community

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Wed Jun 10 22:21:09 EDT 2020

Supplement to events June 2020 for the WM Amateur Radio Community

VE TESTING IS BAAAAACK! Be sure to spread the word.
Friday, June 12, 6:30PM
American Red Cross Building at 1050 Fuller NE, Grand Rapids MI
Map: http://www.w8dc.org/pages/Red%20Cross.html
We will be conducting the tests in the parking lot.
Register on our website:http://w8dc.org/pages/exams.html
please ignore the covid statement, since we are doing the testing outside.
We will be following CDC guidelines for covid.
Thus, we ask that you be in your car to take the test.
Please park with an empty parking spot between you and the next car.
We will provide a clip board and a pencil for the test.
An examiner will go from car to car handing out and picking up test booklets and score sheets.
No exam fee, Laurel VEC
Thanks GRARA VE Team!
Questions, please email questions to stprovost at provtechs.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GRARA.W8DC/
http://www.w8dc.org/ 147.26+(94.8Hz)

MARA Social Distancing Breakfast. A temporary W8USA Event.
During the Coronavirus situation, the MARA breakfast group will meet every Saturday, 9 AM, at the Parking Lot located behind the Plainfield Fire Station located at Plainfield & 5 Mile.
Rules are bring your own Coffee and Breakfast Sandwiches and enjoy.
Address of the Fire Department is 4343 Plainfield Ave NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525 MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/WQLiHvZt1GZWrs3x6
Michigan Amateur Radio Alliance (MARA-W8USA)Talk-in W8USA 145.23-(94.8Hz) https://w8usa.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARAW8USA/

JUNE VHF CONTEST Saturday/Sunday, June 13/14
Hello Everyone,
I hope this post finds you well, and enjoying our first hot days of summer. And the season brings with it the JUNE VHF Contest this coming Saturday/Sunday. The contest starts at 2:00 PM EDT on Saturday, and runs until 11:00 PM on Sunday evening.
Please make an effort to get on the air, and keep a log. Also, you can remember to support our society by naming the CLUB: MICHIGAN VHF-UHF SOCIETY in your Cabrillo log entry.
My Rover schedule is below, and I hope I get a chance to work you. I have 50Mhz - 10Ghz onboard so we have lots of opportunities to work. Remember it's OK to call and text during the contest. I also squawk my position on APRS. If you google APRS, you can find a map that shows all the stations out there in a given area.
My hangout frequency is 144.230 or the 144.200 calling frequency.
73, Dave DeVos 616-278-8068 - mobile

SATURDAY:
EN82em – Lyons Township Park Area near Milford, MI
Operate 2:00-4:00

EN72 Lansing Area
Operate 5:00-7:00

EN72 Grand Rapids Area
Operate 8:00-9:30

EN72 Jamestown Area West of Grand Rapids
Operate 10:00-11:30

SUNDAY:
EN73eg Fisk Knob 1056 ft.
Operate 9:00-11:00

EN63vr Walkerville 1015 ft.
Operate 12:00-2:00

EN64vh Manistee/Douglas Schoedel Rd 915 ft
Operate 3:00-5:00

EN74av AJ Lookout 1090 ft.
Operate 7:00-9:30

EN75da Pertner Rd E of Lk Leelanau 915 ft.
Operate 10:30-11:30

Contest Ends
11:00

IRA OPEN HOUSE & SITE CLEANUP,  Saturday, September 26, 9AM to 2 or ?.
Alternate inclement weather day Saturday, October 3
The Independent Repeater Association (IRA) W8IRA is doing Open House
and cleanup at the 92nd Street Hill repeater site.
This site hosts many other Amateur Radio groups equipment as well.
If you have never set foot on “the hill”, or it’s been a while, or
last week, this is a great time to get a tour of the place. We will
be showing off the (not fancy) place as well as doing some tiding up
inside and out.
DO NOT FEEL ANY OBLIGATION TO PARTAKE IN CLEANUP. We look forward to
your company. Arrive when you can, leave when you want to.
We’ll have coffee, donuts, and for lunch burgers and dog, all free.
Talk-in (as you can guess) 147.16-(94.8Hz)
566 92nd St SE, Byron Center, MI 49315
Lat 42.796779, long -85.650055 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Zp7RSg9cQpR2
http://w8ira.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764710107178775/
Contact ny8d at arrl.net (616)438-1464