[W8lrc] August 20 LARC meeting this Thursday, Bob KD8HNF SK celebration of life Saturday 22, Morley cleanup Saturday September 5

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Tue Aug 18 20:25:31 EDT 2020

Lowell Amateur Radio Club monthly meeting, this Thursday, August 20, 6:30 PM social, 7PM meeting. All are welcome.
THIS MEETING WILL BE OUTSIDE in the parking lot. Best to bring a chair with.
At the “Shack” location, the Flat River Outreach Ministries (F.R.O.M) Building, 11535 Fulton St E (Hwy M-21), Lowell, just west of the Lowell Meijer.
http://www.w8lrc.org https://www.facebook.com/w8lrc/
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/9e7G2FVkriJ2 145.27-(94.8Hz)

Hello Dear Friends.
We have decided to have my dad's Celebration of Life Gathering at Fallasburg Park on (Saturday) August 22, 2020 between 11a.m. -4p.m. We will be at the outside pavilion. (Covered Bridge Rd.)
Feel free to stop by anytime. Share a memory or just visit.
Food and water will be provided.
With lots of love,
Tonya
https://www.kentcountyparks.org/fallasburg/
TI W8LRC/R 145.27-(94.8Hz)

MORLEY RECEIVE SITE GROUNDS CLEANUP, scheduled for Saturday, September 5, 10AM start. Arrive when you can, leave when you need to. Donuts and coffee, lunch provided.
Yes, we know it’s Labor Day weekend. If you like camping out, RV or tent, for the weekend, this is a great place with electric and WiFi. Bring own water.
At the 250 ft tower, 3814 155th Ave, just south of 4 Mile Rd.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/48cdZhJ7DCr Lowell ARC. W8LRC 145.27-(94.8Hz)
Contact: Jack NY8D ny8d at arrl.net (616)438-5412

And Saturday September 12 is GRAHamfest 2Ø2Ø CHANGE OF LOCATION to the American Red Cross Building as an outside "Asphalt Adventure" hamfest.
Location: American Red Cross, 1050 Fuller Ave NE between the I-196 Ford Fwy and Leonard St.
Website: http://w8dc.org
Updated Flier: http://www.w8dc.org/file/club/2020GRAHamFestFlyerRevised.pdf
Sponsor: Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association
Talk-In: 147.26 (94.8Hz)
Public Contact: Stephen Provost, AC8QE,  PO Box 3282, Grand Rapids, MI 49501
Phone: 616-648-5983, Email: stprovost at provtechs.com

IRA OPEN HOUSE & SITE CLEANUP,  Saturday, September 26, 9AM to 2 or ?.
LARC HAS EQUIPMENT THERE, LET'S BE SUPPORTIVE.
Alternate inclement weather day Saturday, October 3
The Independent Repeater Association (IRA) W8IRA is doing Open House
and cleanup at the 92nd Street Hill repeater site.
This site hosts many other Amateur Radio groups equipment as well.
If you have never set foot on “the hill”, or it’s been a while, or
last week, this is a great time to get a tour of the place. We will
be showing off the (not fancy) place as well as doing some tiding up
inside and out.
DO NOT FEEL ANY OBLIGATION TO PARTAKE IN CLEANUP. We look forward to
your company. Arrive when you can, leave when you want to.
We’ll have coffee, donuts, and for lunch burgers and dogs, all free.
Talk-in (as you can guess) 147.16+(94.8Hz)
566 92nd St SE, Byron Center, MI 49315
Lat 42.796779, long -85.650055 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Zp7RSg9cQpR2
http://w8ira.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764710107178775/
Contact ny8d at arrl.net (616)438-1464