[W8lrc] Supplement for May 2019 for the WM Amateur Radio community

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Tue May 21 13:36:53 EDT 2019

Events May supplement

>From Jeff KD8THX:
Holland ARC K8DAA Build / Radio Night which would normally be held this evening (Tuesday, May 21) at the Chick-Owa Sportsman’s Club has been moved to the Herrick Library in downtown Holland.
We have been invited by the Lakeshore Makers and the Herrick Library to host an event for the public to learn about the many facets of amateur radio.
The amateur radio community is one of the original maker groups of the age of electronics. Amateur radio operators have been inventing, designing, building and repurposing electronics since the dawn of spark gap transmitters and vacuum tubes. We have a long rich history in making what we need.
This is an opportunity for us to show off our maker skills. This evening bring your projects to library, new and old, finished and works in progress. Tables, chairs and power are available. Plan to be there around 6:00 PM to setup.
Maker Labs - Getting Started in Amateur Radio at Herrick Library
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Hosted by Lakeshore Makers & Pete Hoffswell, Herrick Library and the Holland Amateur Radio Club
Herrick Library, Main Conference Room, 300 S. River, Holland, MI 49423
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/mdEPAhEomGswpQAy9

>From Jack NY8D:
The Morley remote site cleanup for originally scheduled for Saturday, May 25 is postponed until later in the summer, date TBD. Enjoy the Memorial holiday weekend.
Morley hosts a remote receiver for the Lowell ARC W8LRC 145.27-(94.8Hz) repeater, K8SN 442.0750+(103.5Hz) linked repeater, and KD8RXD DMR repeater.

>From Steve KD8MEY:
Grand Rapids ARA June meeting!
It has been decided that we will be holding the meeting on Friday, June 7 at the Red Cross Building. The meeting at IRA Ham fest will be a social get together.
Previously the meeting was scheduled for Friday May 31 at the Hudsonville Fairgrounds.
NEW FACEBOOK GROUP for GRARA: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GRARA.W8DC/
The former page no longer exists.

IRA Hudsonville Hamfest, Saturday, June 1
Location: Hudsonville Fairgrounds, 5235 Park Avenue, Hudsonville, MI 49426
Website: http://w8ira.org/hudsonville-hamfest/
Flier: http://w8ira.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/IRA-Hamfest-2019-Full-Sheet-06-29-18.pdf
Sponsor: Independent Repeater Association
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Talk-In: 147.16+(94.8)
Public Contact: Tom Bosscher K8TB, 3148 Rosewood Street, Hudsonville, MI 49426
Phone: 616-541-4090 Email: hamfest at w8ira.org