[W8lrc] ARROW Hamvention Bus Still Has Room!

John Wasciuk jwasciuk at gmail.com
Fri May 10 19:19:37 EDT 2019

May 10, 2019

2878 Ticknor Ct

Ann Arbor, MI 48104-6921

Dear Michigan Amateur Radio Club Members and Friends,

The ARROW Bus to Hamvention has nearly $2000 in door prizes, including:

A Begali Paddle – Yes, that’s right, a Begali Paddle Direct from Italy

A Heil BM-17 Dual Side Headphone / Mic combination valued at $130

A 20 amp buck / boost controller from DIY Solar For U valued at $250

A complete soldering iron and tool set from EAE Sales valued at $250

An Analog Devices PLUTO SDR valued at $150: Full Duplex from 350 MHz to 3.8
GHz from Digi Key Electronics

And More…

Once again, it is that time of year when lots of hams around the world
start thinking of the Dayton Hamvention. After all, with 28,417 attendees
from all amateur radio interest areas, what’s not to like!

Don’t you wish you were going? You’re not looking forward to that long
drive? Don’t drive! Take the Arrow bus! It’s inexpensive and easy. Even if
you come from out of the Metro Detroit Area, you still relieve yourself of
more than 8 hours of drive time!

As in years past, The Arrow Communication Association is sponsoring a bus
trip from Ann Arbor, Michigan to the Greene County Fairgrounds and Expo
Center in Xenia, Ohio and back. The date is Saturday, May 18. We leave the
park-and-ride at *5:00 am* and get to the show at 9:00 am. We leave Xenia
at 5:30 pm and arrive back to our large park-and-ride site by 9:30 pm. A
continental breakfast is included on board. What more could you ask for?

*Please Note:** The departure time is 5:00 am this year because Xenia is
one-half hour farther and the doors open up this year at 9:00 AM.*

*Check out our video!*
https://ve3ips.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/dayton-hamvention-2017-arrow-communications-bus-buildathon-qrpme-rf-probe-kit-w1rex/

The cost is $55.00 for the round trip. (This increases to $65.00 on or
after April 1.)  Please mail all applications to ARROW Communication
Association, 2545 S. Lima Center Rd., Chelsea, MI 48118. *Please note that
this does not include the Hamvention ticket.* That one you’ll have to do
yourself! You may also use the link below to purchase a seat using *PayPal.*

We are trying to generate as much publicity as possible, which is why we
are writing you. If you can, please share this information as widely as you
are able. If you have a web page, please consider adding a paragraph about
the trip and a link to https://w8rp.org/activities/dayton-bus-trip/ or
simply https://w8rp.org/.  Talk it up on the air! If you check into a state
wide or regional net, please mention it there, also. Feel free to include
us in your publications.

We at Arrow deeply appreciate your help in this matter and we thank you.

73,

John
Wasciuk,

WA8TON / VO1TON / VO1HV

Activities Coordinator, ARROW Communication Association

www.w8rp.org

Ann Arbor, Michigan:

jwasciuk at gmail dot com

(616) 560-3365

Ann Arbor: Home of the University of Michigan Amateur Radio Club, W8UM,
Founded in 1913!