[W8lrc] Events July 2019 for the WM Amateur Radio community

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Wed Jun 26 22:01:30 EDT 2019

Events for July 2019 for the WM Amateur Radio community

Coming events: All are welcome at these events!

PUBLIC SERVICE EVENTS – Amateur Radio help needed
   Ferrysburg 4th of July Parade
   Rockford Area Kids Triathlon
   Eat Dirt Mud Run
WM Nets
Friday Lunch Bunch CHANGE OF LOCATION JUNE 26 ONLY
Saturday Breakfast
2nd Hand Ham Shop
HAMSTERS
HAM IS FOR BREAKFAST
W8D Special Event Station
SATERN monthly meeting
MAARC monthly meeting
Siren Test
GRARA monthly meeting
MCECS monthly meeting
KCARES/AuxCOM/RACES monthly meeting
HARC monthly meeting
ACARC monthly meeting
MARA monthly meeting
VE Testing, Grand Rapids
VE Testing, Holland
LARC monthly meetings
MARC Extravaganza
VE Testing, Ionia
HARC E.A.T. meeting (Education And Training)
NOARC monthly meeting
HAM IS FOR BREAKFAST

PSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS

THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC SERVICE EVENTS are in need of amateur radio volunteers.
Consider volunteering for at least ONE EVENT PER YEAR.

North Ottawa arc is looking for help with the ferrysburg fourth of July parade we are meeting at the ferrysburg city hall at 8:00 for a free breakfast than a briefing at 9:30 than the parade if you can help contact me at kc8uny at arrl.net

KCEST:
Rockford Area Kids Triathlon at Rockford High School on Saturday, July 13th, 9 AM until around 1 PM. We would be there at 7 to help with registration and some setup. We help with traffic control, registration, runner safety, and lead the riders on the bike course.
This is a fun event to work. Watching the kids is a ton of fun. Food will be provided and you can add to your t-shirt collection. As always feel free to email with any questions. Sign up using the this link.
http://bit.ly/2Ey64uK

KCEST:
Eat Dirt Mud Run Saturday, August 24. More details when available.
https://www.grandrapidsmudrun.com/

PSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS
NETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNET

NETS on the IRA W8IRA Link System 147.16+(94.8Hz)
IRA Michigan Noon Time Roundup Net: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 12:00 noon, NOW INCLUDING A SWAP SESSION.
IRA After Work/Dinner Net: Tuesday and Saturday at 6:00 PM
Michigan VHF Traffic Net: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:00 PM
WMNI SATERN 2M Net: Wednesday 7:00 PM
primary repeater 147.16+(94.8Hz) http://w8ira.org/

GRARA W8DC Net: Tuesday 7PM on the 147.26+(94.8Hz)

NETS by Michigan Amateur Radio Alliance W8USA
2 Meter, Thursdays, except 3rd 7:30PM 145.23-(94.8Hz)
2 Meter, 3rd Thursdays, 7:30PM 145.23 SIMPLEX
6 Meter, Saturdays 8AM 50.4MHz AM

West Michigan Emergency Communication Net: Wednesday 8PM W8LRC 145.27-(94.8Hz)

Sidewinders around Michigan Net: Sunday 9:30PM 144.155 USB

WM Six Meter SSB Net: Tuesday 8:30PM 50.140 MHz USB
WM Classic Six Meter AM Net: Sunday 8PM 50.400 MHz AM

10M Rag Chew Net: Sunday 4:PM 28.870 MHz USB (presumed)

SKYWARN KENT COUNTY: Anyone interest in being a Net Control Station please contact WX8BOB: dennis49544 at gmail.com To be NCS you will need 2M/440 base station and a high speed computer to work radar.

Want your NET listed here? Send me the information.

List of WEST MICHIGAN HAM NETS
http://w8lrc.org/net_calendar/

NETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNETNET

LUNCH BUNCH every Friday. CHANGE OF LOCATION JUNE 28 ONLY, Panda Buffet & Grill at Rogers Plaza on 28th St west of Hwy US 131 past Clyde park Ave. Info And map https://pandabuffetgrill.business.site/
Then back to Noble Restaurant in Wyoming in July. https://eatnoble.com/
Gather in the back room starting about 11:30. This gathering of hams is sponsored by NOBODY! It's just hams that get together for lunch on Fridays, and there is always room for you.

MARA Informal Breakfast, Saturdays 8AM, New Beginnings, 5200 Northland Dr, Plainfield Township. https://goo.gl/maps/ftRbxAfe2t22

2nd Hand Ham Shop, Saturdays, 8AM “until it ends”. Used equipment, parts (some that are hard to find) and coffee with fellow enthusiasts. Operated by Tom KD8DEG.
7830 80th Ave between Polk and Baldwin, Zeeland (Blendon Township) Map: https://goo.gl/maps/mJ82NL1a9U12
https://www.facebook.com/2nd-Hand-Ham-Shop-1007064166010266/
kd8deg at centurytel.net (616)292-3335

Check out the only (to my knowledge) full time Amateur Radio store in Michigan. HAMSTERS in Dowagiac, new and used radio gear.
“HAMSTERS, Your place for amateur radio items at a fair price.”
http://ham-sters.com/

There is no June IRA Board meeting. July TBD
http://w8ira.org/home/big-rapids-tower-fundraiser/
http://w8ira.org/  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764710107178775/ mailto:info at w8ira.org

HAM IS FOR BREAKFAST, Last Saturday of the month, June 29, Southside Inn, 192 W 35th St, Holland, MI 49423. 9:00am - ???. Back room reserved table.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/nKYmma5xvr82 Holland ARC K8DAA

Dorr Township 150th Anniversary Special Event Station W8D
Dorr Township Park on 142nd Ave west of Dorr. Fellow hams invited to operate, public welcome.
Monday July 1 thru Monday July 8, 1400Z-2359Z, (NOON – 8PM EDT) AC8RC, Dorr, MI. Allegan County Amateur Radio Club. 14.250 7.190 7.070 3.910; SSB, digital, and CW possible. QSL. Philip Holscher W8PDH, 4130 Janet Dr, Dorr, MI 49323. We are Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Dorr Township, Michigan. Which is located in Allegan County in Southwest Michigan. www.ac8rc.org

SATERN (Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network-W8SAT) monthly meeting, first Tuesday July 2, 7:PM, Dickinson Park Facility, 1632 Linden Ave SE, Grand Rapids. Everyone is welcome to our nets and meetings, not just SATERN Members. WX8BOB
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/5xfjFGQHmaA2
http://www.satern.org/  http://eds-satern.sawmni.org/

Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council (MAARC-W8ZHO) meeting first Thursday, July 4 NOT CONFIRMED (this is a holiday), 7PM. Held at MAARC clubhouse, 2888 Scenic Drive on the east side, Muskegon
Meeting Topic, Field Day Plans
https://goo.gl/maps/4nzyiVrsBNt
http://www.w8zho.com/ https://www.facebook.com/w8zho/  146.94-(94.8Hz)

Kent County Emergency Management and City of Grand Rapids Emergency Management  conducts a monthly test of the outdoor warning sirens first Friday at noon April thru October, next July 5. Report sirens, verify working, rotation, on the W8LRC 145.27-(94.8Hz) or K8SN 442.175+(103.5Hz) repeaters or online http://bit.ly/kcwarningsirens

Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Association (GRARA-W8DC) monthly meeting, first Friday, June 5, at American Red Cross building, 1050 Fuller Ave NE between the I-196 Ford Fwy and Leonard St. Social 6:30PM, meeting 7PM.
Open Radio Room Wednesdays 7PM and Sundays 1PM to 4:30PM, same location. There will be coffee, water and flavored water and occasionally cookies or some other snack.
Map: http://www.w8dc.org/pages/Red%20Cross.html
NOTE THERE IS A NEW FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE FOR GRARA as the old page no longer exists.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GRARA.W8DC/
http://www.w8dc.org/ 147.26+(94.8Hz)

Muskegon County Emergency Communication Services (MCECS-K8WNJ) monthly training / membership meeting second Monday, July 8, 7PM, at the Muskegon EOC, 1611 E Oak Ave, Muskegon. https://goo.gl/maps/cjZPRasF6nS2
http://mcecs.net/  https://www.facebook.com/MCECS/  146.82-(94.8Hz)

Kent County ARES / AuxCom / RACES (KD8HLF) monthly meeting Tuesday, July 9.
Program, Go-Kit night.
Open to all amateur radio operators who have an interest in Emergency Communications within Kent County. Kent County Sheriff's Office in the EOC room. Learn more about the program and what we are doing.
We will have someone at the doors from 6:30 PM until 7PM. If late, we’ll monitor V2, the output of the KCEMD / RACES 145.11(94.8Hz) repeater. Do NOT use the RED phone in the lobby, the dispatcher on the other end will not be able to assist you.
Kent County Sheriff Department, 701 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, main entrance off from Ball. https://goo.gl/maps/tddkKRVD7PA2
https://www.facebook.com/KCARPSC/  http://dev.kcest.org/ Or Join our public Email Group: https://groups.io/g/kcarpsc

Holland Amateur Radio Club (HARC-K8DAA) meeting second Tuesday, July 9, 7PM. Chick-Owa Sportsman’s Club 9279 Ottogan St, Holland, MI 49423.
http://www.hollandarc.org/ Map https://goo.gl/maps/qiQPS9EVgTx https://www.facebook.com/groups/233793361844/ 147.06+(94.8Hz)

Allegan County Amateur Radio Club (ACARC-AC8RC) monthly meeting second Tuesday, July 9, 7PM Plainwell Public Safety Complex, 119 Island Avenue, Plainwell, MI 49080. The training room entrance is just North of the main entrance, towards the big doors used by the Fire trucks. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/MrttWWZJc3B2  https://ac8rc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/ac8rc/ 147.24+(94.8Hz)

Michigan Amateur Radio Alliance (MARA-W8USA) monthly meeting, second Wednesday, July 10, 7:30 PM, at Plainfield Township Fire Department Training Center, SW corner of 5 Mile Rd and Plainfield Ave. https://goo.gl/maps/KzAzaXwWge12 Talk-in W8USA 145.23-(94.8Hz) https://w8usa.org/  https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARAW8USA/

VE TESTING at GRARA on the second Friday of the month, July 12, 6:30 PM. Same location as monthly meetings and open radio room. Sign-up / information
http://w8dc.org/pages/exams.html

Holland Amateur Radio Club will be holding licensing exams Saturday, July 13, 6PM for anyone wishing to get or upgrade their amateur radio license. Chick-Owa Sportsmans Club, 9279 Ottogan St., Holland. There is no charge for any testing. If your license is within 90 days of expiration, it can quickly be renewed at no charge between 6:00 and the end of testing.
http://www.hollandarc.org/ Map https://goo.gl/maps/qiQPS9EVgTx

Lowell Amateur Radio Club (LARC-W8LRC) monthly meeting, third Thursday, July 18, 6:30 PM social, 7PM meeting. All are welcome. Pizza provided.
At the “Shack” in the Flat River Outreach Ministries (F.R.O.M) Building, 11535 Fulton St E (Hwy M-21), Lowell, just west of the Lowell Meijer. Open Radio Room on the other Thursdays, 7PM.
http://www.w8lrc.org https://www.facebook.com/w8lrc/ Map: https://goo.gl/maps/9e7G2FVkriJ2 145.27-(94.8Hz)

Vintage Electronics Extravaganza! Friday/Saturday, July 19/20
Location:  Kalamazoo Expo Center, 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI
Website: http://www.thevee.org/
Flier: https://www.thevee.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/expo-extravaganza-19.pdf
Sponsor: Michigan Antique Radio Club
Public contact: Mark Goodwin, 9225 Moon Road, Saline, MI 48176
Phone: 734-316-2803, Email: mrkgoodwin at comcast.net

VE Testing, Ionia County RACES, 3rd Saturday (except April and December) 4PM, July 20, Ionia County Central Dispatch 545 Appletree Dr, Ionia http://wa8rra.org/?page_id=452 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8urPbpo6w9S2

Holland ARC E.A.T. meeting (Education And Training) is fourth Tuesday, July 23, 7:PM at the Chick-Owa Sportsman’s Club. We’ll show a video and afterwards, we’ll answer any questions and especially help newcomers to the hobby get started. We’ll also work on our various projects.
Open to the public need not be a HARC member or have an amateur radio license to attend. If you have questions about amateur radio equipment, operating practices, licensing, test and measurement, or anything remotely related to amateur radio, this is the place to be. http://www.hollandarc.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/233793361844/ 147.06+(94.8Hz)

North Ottawa ARC meeting, (NOARC-W8CSO) fourth Thursday, July 25, 6:30 PM at the Spring Lake Village Hall, 102 W Savidge Street (HWY M-104), Spring Lake.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/QiEuWyesa2x  http://www.w8cso.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/401316979888404/ 145.49-(94.8Hz)

HAM IS FOR BREAKFAST, Last Saturday of the month, July 27, Southside Inn, 192 W 35th St, Holland, MI 49423. 9:00am - ???. Back room reserved table.
Map: https://goo.gl/maps/nKYmma5xvr82 Holland ARC K8DAA

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

UP COMING HAMFESTS
ARRL Hamfest and Convention Database http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/search

Brochure: https://www.thevee.org/?page_id=243
Phone: 734-316-2803, Email: mrkgoodwin at comcast.net

Gladwin Area Ham Fest, Saturday, July 20
Location: Gladwin City Park Community Center, 240 Park Street, Gladwin, MI 48624
Sponsor: Gladwin Area Amateur Radio Club
Talk-In: 147.180+ (PL 173.8)
Public Contact: John Hensley W8CSX, 5125 Pickering Road, Gladwin, MI 48624
Phone: 734 679-0385 Email: johnhensley1940 at gmail.co

Angola Hamfest, Saturday, August 10
Location: Gateway Community Church, 255N Gerald Lett Avenue, Angola, IN 46703
Sponsor: Land of Lakes Amateur Radio Club
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Land-of-Lakes-Amateur-Radio-Club-124334937629032/posts/
Talk-In: 147.180(+) (PL 131.8)
Public Contact: Steve Cleverly , N9YK, 2572 S 800 E Angola, IN 46703
Phone: 260-665-3463, Email: scleverly at metalink.net

GRAHamfest (Grand Rapids Area Hamfest), Saturday, September 7, 2019
Location: The Home School Building, 5625 Burlingame SW, Wyoming, MI 49509-9702
Website: http://www.w8dc.org
Flier: http://w8dc.org/file/club/2019GRAHamFestFlyer.pdf
Sponsor: Grand Rapids Amateur Radio Club W8DC
Talk-in: 147.26+(94.8Hz)
Public Contact: Bob Moe AC8ZX, 2235 Valentine Blvd NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Phone: 616-648-6087  Email: ac8zx at arrl.net

CMARC Hamfest, Saturday, Sept 7
Location: Okemos Convention Center, 2187 University Park Drive, Okemos , MI 48805
Website: http://www.centralmiarc.com/hamfest.php
Sponsor: Central Michigan Amateur Radio Club
Talk-In: 145.390- 600
Public Contact: Daniel Dembinski, kd8yde, 9749 Peacock Road, Laingsburg, MI 48848
Phone: 517-512-9846  Email: kd8yde at inbox.com

Findlay Hamfest, Sunday, September 8
Location: Hancock County Fairgrounds, 1017 East Sandusky Street, Findlay, OH 45839
Website: http://www.findlayradioclub.org
Sponsor: Findlay Radio Club
Talk-In: 147.15+(75Hz)
Public Contact: Bill Kelsey, N8ET, 3521 Spring Lake Drive Findlay, OH 45840
Phone: 419-348-0457  Email: n8et at woh.rr.com

Adrian Hamfest, Sunday, September 15
Location: Lenawee County Airport, 2651 W. Cadmus Road, Adrian, MI 49221
Website: http://w8tqe.com/hamfest.htm
Flier: http://w8tqe.com/pdfs/2018%20Hamfest%20flyer.pdf
Sponsor: Adrian Amateur Radio Club
Talk-In: 145.37- (85.4Hz)
Public Contact: Mark Hinkleman NU8Z, 108 E. Kilbuck Street, Tecumseh, MI 49286
Phone: 5174235906 Email: cqnu8z at comcast.net

The 38th Annual ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference, Friday September 20 thru Sunday Sept 22, Detroit, MI https://www.tapr.org/dcc.html

Muskegon Color Tour Hamfest, Saturday, October 19.
Location: Fellowship Reformed Church, 4200 East Apple Avenue, Muskegon, MI 49440
Website: http://mcecs.net/Download/HamfestFlyer2019a.pdf
Sponsor: Muskegon County Emergency Communication Services, Inc.
Talk-In: 146.820-(94.8Hz)
Contact: James Duram , K8COP, PO Box 386 Fruitport, MI 49415
Phone: 231-638-7010  Email: mcthamfest at gmail.com

Kalamazoo Hamfest, Sunday, October 20.
Location: Kalamazoo County Expo Center and Fairgrounds, 2900 Lake Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Website: http://www.kalamazoohamfest.org/
Flier: www.kalamazoohamfest.org/flier.pdf
Sponsor: Kalamazoo Amateur Radio Club,  Southwest Michigan Amateur Radio Team
Talk-in: 147.040+(94.8Hz)
Contact: Kalamazoo Hamfest, PO Box 19523, Kalamazoo, MI 49009-0523
Phone: (269) 205-3560  Email: info at KalamazooHamfest.com

Fort Wayne Hamfest and Computer Expo, ARRL Indiana Section Convention, Saturday/Sunday, November 16/17
Location: Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Avenue, Fort Wayne, IN 46801
Website: http://www.fortwaynehamfest.com
Sponsor: Allen County Amateur Radio Technical Society
Type: ARRL Convention
Talk-In: 146.880
Public Contact: ACARTS Fort Wayne , W9INX
PO Box 10342 Fort Wayne, IN 46851
Phone: 260-579-2196 Email: chairman at fortwaynehamfest.com

LCARC Amateur Radio Swap & Hamfest, Sunday, December 1
Location: Madison Place, 876 Horace Brown Drive, Madison Heights, MI 48071
Website: http://www.n8lc.org
Flier: https://www.qsl.net/n8lc/swap_flyer_2019.pdf
Sponsor: L'Anse Creuse Amateur Radio Club
Talk-In: 147.08+(100.0Hz)
Public Contact: Russ Price, N8HAR, 40565 Shakespeare Drive Sterling Heights, MI 48313
Phone: 586-246-0161 Email: n8har1977 at gmail.com

50th Annual Swap & Shop, Sunday, February 23
Location: Monaghan Banquet Hall Knights of Columbus, 19801 Farmington Road, Livonia, MI 48150
Website: http://www.livoniaarc.com/index.php?page=swapshop
Sponsor: Livonia Amateur Radio Club
Talk-In: 145.35 (PL 100)
Public Contact: Doris Kelterborn , K8DXJ, P.O. Box 51532 Livonia, MI 48151
Phone: 734-941-5043, Email: k8uns at arrl.net

If I missed something or there is something coming up of interest to the West Michigan Ham community, let me know by the 25th of the month,
email: ny8d at arrl.net

73 Jack NY8D