[W8lrc] UPDATE: Events for August 2019 for the WM Amateur Radio community

Jack Amelar jamelar at yandex.com
Thu Aug 15 13:56:59 EDT 2019

UPDATE: Events for August 2019 for the WM Amateur Radio community

Please refer to the events email sent August 1 for other activities.

ADDITIONS:
THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC SERVICE EVENTS are in need of amateur radio volunteers.
Consider volunteering for at least ONE EVENT PER YEAR.

NORTH OTTAWA ARC (NOARC-W8CSO) is looking for help with the Bubba Run in Spring Lake on Aug 17. This is a 5k run that starts at Old Boys and runs through the West end of the village to the bike path to Alden St to Lake ave back on the bike path to Alden to the side walk along Savidge to Buchanan St to the bike path finishing in front of Old Boys. If you can help, contact me at kc8uny at arrl.net. We are meeting at the Spring Lake EOC at 7:30AM. Thanks.
https://www.wefightforbubba.org/

HOLLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB (HARC-K8DAA) will be providing radio communications, Saturday, September 28th for the Park2Park 1/2 marathon and 5K (http://www.park2parkrace.com/), which benefits Neighbors Plus (http://www.neighborsplus.org/), a nonprofit Christian community development organization based on the North side of Holland. This will be our fifth year assisting with this event.
Last year, with 19 operators using the 06 repeater (147.06+ PL 94.8Hz), we covered the aid stations and many navigation points along the entire course, along with three bicycle mobile operators.
Arrive at the fairgrounds by 7:30am on race day, will be needed until around noon. Plan to use of the 06 repeater again this year as it performs extremely well throughout the entire course (some locations require less than 1 watt TX power).
If you are interested in working this event or have any questions, email me at todd[at]w8yhf[dot]org. This is a great first event for new operators; if you are uncomfortable working solo, please let me know and I'll pair you with a more experienced operator. If you would like to work the event but can't stay until noon, I should be able to assign you to a station at the beginning of the course so that you can depart early.
This event benefits a great organization and provides good exposure for HARC in the community. Thanks to HARC for supporting this event. 73, Todd W8YHF

AND DON’T FORGET
KCEST:EAT DIRT MUD RUN, Saturday August 24th at the Kentwood Community Church 1200 60th St in Kentwood. Sign up at http://bit.ly/2y3iW8H
https://www.grandrapidsmudrun.com/

DATE CHANGE:
The Independent Repeater Association (IRA-W8IRA), sponsor of the 147.16-(94.8Hz) link repeater system, monthly board meeting THURSDAY, AUGUST 29, 6PM. YES, PUBLIC WELCOME. Russ’s Restaurant in Wyoming. Russ’s is located at 2340 28th St SW, Wyoming, MI 49519 Map: https://goo.gl/maps/PNnxmehUAFm
http://w8ira.org/home/big-rapids-tower-fundraiser/
http://w8ira.org/  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764710107178775/ mailto:info at w8ira.org

AND YOU ARE going to GRAHamfest 2Ø19, Saturday, September 7, right?
Website: http://www.w8dc.org
Flier: http://w8dc.org/file/club/2019GRAHamFestFlyer.pdf

73 Jack NY8D